RED monitors and controls the production processes "right from the start". By this means we are able to guarantee a consistently high product quality.
Product protection is a vital part of our overall manufacturing philosophy, and the quality program developed by RED Lecithin addresses the following areas:
- Good manufacturing practices
- Hazard analysis critical control point plan
- Analytical methods and controls
- Shipping controls and product recall program
Thanks to over 10 years’ experience in lecithin production we know exactly what critical points in the production process have to be controlled and monitored from start to finish with the highest standard of care and attention. That means you as a customers can be absolutely sure of always receiving a consistently high standard of lecithin quality.
RED’s lecithin has strict bacteriological specifications , which makes to product safe to be used in foods and dietetic products, in the pharmaceutical ,cosmetic and animal feed industries.
By taking appropriate steps during the manufacturing process RED can guarantee that the relevant REDLEC lecithin grades will conform to the necessarily strict bacteriological specifications.
Various chemical and physical parameters are determined as a matter of routine to monitor the quality of our REDLEC products. The methods used at RED are based on the American Oil Chemists' Society (AOCS).
- phosphatide content (acetone-insolubles, phosphorus)
- phosphatide composition (thin-layer chromatography, column chromatography)
- purity (transparency, toluene insolubles)
- acid value
- water content
- colour (Gardner, Lovibond, Iodine colour)
- iron content
- peroxide value
RED’s lecithin products are produced under GMP+, GFSI , Kosher and Halal certification.
RED’s organic lecithin range is Skal approved.